Screw the calendar. It’s now spring.
- A pale foot, swishing back and forth in the warm breeze while its owner flips the pages of a magazine.
- Sunglasses. Wearing them for something besides the painful glare off fresh snow.
- People outside EVERYWHERE. Swerving around swarms of bikers as we cross town to waste some time outside.
- Kids playing kickball in the back yard.
- Beer on a patio. Better when it’s a friend’s patio.
- An impromptu barbecue — good friends, good food, good conversation.
All I have to say is: THANK GOD. We’ve earned it.
I think Simon summed it up best when he laid his worn-out little head on Ed’s shoulder before bed and said, “Fun Day.”